Chemical treatment pickling
Why is a chemical treatment (pickling) required?
- The corrosion resistance of stainless steel is due to the formation of a very thin passive chromium oxide layer, which forms only on pure metallic stainless steel surfaces
- Scale layers, welding and discoloration, ferritic impurities (eg abrasion), machining (eg grinding, sandblasting, etc.) / affect the formation of a closed passive layer
- Only properly pickled stainless steel surfaces and welding seams guarantee the full corrosion resistance of the material and provide a decorative metallic appearance
- Prior to the initial use or after modification, of steam pipe systems on turbines and gas lines, the chemical pickling and passivation of the system components is recommended by the VGB
- Only professionally stained tubes guarantee a smooth and efficient operation of the system and its individual components